Saturday 16 April 2016

Just be nice

In a society where we're told to look out for number one and greed is good it's no wonder that happiness is so elusive.

The truth is happiness only comes from being of service. That being of service to others is the best way to be of service to ourselves. Now, I know that intellectually, but still I have to fight to remind myself. Fight through the messages of music videos, movies and friends teaching me while i was growing up that money and belongings are the key to happiness. So I have to fight through that conditioning and remind myself every day.

Now imagine that there's probably lots of people who have never understood otherwise. If you're one of those people start the fight today. Just do something simple like hold a door open and see how that makes you feel. Now imagine if you were lucky enough to spend your whole life being of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment